Industry and Production Kitting
Open Mind Tech Kitting Solutions allow to optimize the production lines supply, reducing times and errors, in line with the production flows of each Company.
Kitting is the collection of components and parts necessary for the production of a particular assembly or product. The production team defines kits to be prepared based on the orders while the warehouse team picks up the individual components from the warehouse and collects them together in a Kitting Cart. These components are then released where needed according to the company takt time.
Open Mind Tech Kitting Systems allow to optimize Kitting Cart preparation operations using Wi-Fi Electronic Labels with high intensity led lights to be positioned both on warehouse shelves and, if desired, on individual Kitting Carts.
The operators are then guided both in the components picking from shelves (Pick-to-Light) and in the items supply phases, in the Kitting Carts (Put to Light).
Let’s briefly see the characteristics of Kitting performed via Wi-Fi Electronic Labels, which can be installed both on warehouse shelves and, if desired, on individual Kitting Cart.
- The switching on of the LED lights on the Labels guides the operator in the collection and storage phase of the product / article / component.
- The operator confirms the withdrawal or deposit through a device (barcode reader, Voice system, button or RFID), and the deposit list is automatically updated.
- The operator receives a confirmation from the status change of the light signal and is therefore ready to move on to the next action, until the completion of the Kitting.
- It is also possible to install Large Format Labels (7.5 ″) on the Kitting Cards that summarize the list of components and any missing items that occurred during the picking phases.
- Thanks to the Electronic Labels it is possible to guide the operators in the preparation of multiple Kitting Cart, massaging the picking and ventilating the individual elements on the correct Cart thus optimizing the picking times.